Procedure and notification
- The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
- The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
- The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
- The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires. Advisable not to leave to last minute in case you counted the days wrong.
- The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.
Offices accepting notification:
- Immigration offices throughout the country
- For foreigners who residing in Bangkok contact at Immigration Division1 Office, Chalermprakiat Government Complex,Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi ,Bangkok
- For foreigners carrying out duties relating to the specific law : Immigration Act , Proleum Act / Board of Investment Act / Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act. contact at sub-division 3 Visa extension units, Chamchuree Square Building, Floor 18 , Phatumwan, Bangkok.
- For special Labor of three Nationalities Laos , Cambodia and Myanmar residing in Bangkok contact at Major Hollywood Susawad 1st Floor or Imperial Ladproaw 5th Floor
Notification in person or by registered mail
Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
– front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
– current visa
– last entry stamp of immigration
– last extension of visa
Photocopy of house registration or rental contract (may be needed to show proof of your address)
Photocopy of departure card TM.6
Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)
Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47
(Don’t forget to sign your name)
Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
PLEASE NOTE: Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office
Samut Prakan Immigration
Tambon Paknam, Amphoe Muang,
Samut Prakan Province 10270
Tel. 02 395 0029 ext. 12 or 14
– Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
– Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
– Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
– Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
– Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.
- The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.
- If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.
- If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.